Working for a large corporate as I do, has many upsides
- Good Pay
- Great flexibility
- Agile/home working
- Great Leave entitlement
- I also get free broadband
- and in this case a corporate that does not do compulsory redundancy
However there are some downsides too (driven by trying to maintain shareholder value)
- Many many business transformations (re-orgs)
- Many Cost reduction challenge/initiatives
- with re-orgs & cost come staff ?head count challenges
Did I mention they don’t do compulsory redundancy. well that is one saving grace
So as of 10th April i am classed as a redployee, in the “transition centre” where I still get paid for looking for an internal post, re-training is available, so I could take the opportunity to gain some decent Cisco, Oracle or Linux skills. Time will tell.
On the plus side, looking forward to a NEW challenge and NOT collecting a P45….
Having Spent 40 mins on the phone being quized on everyting but your inside leg measurement and then to be told you are through to the next round is just like being on the X Factor
Very exciting too !