Working for a large corporate as I do, has many upsides
- Good Pay
- Great flexibility
- Agile/home working
- Great Leave entitlement
- I also get free broadband
- and in this case a corporate that does not do compulsory redundancy
However there are some downsides too (driven by trying to maintain shareholder value)
- Many many business transformations (re-orgs)
- Many Cost reduction challenge/initiatives
- with re-orgs & cost come staff ?head count challenges
Did I mention they don’t do compulsory redundancy. well that is one saving grace
So as of 10th April i am classed as a redployee, in the “transition centre” where I still get paid for looking for an internal post, re-training is available, so I could take the opportunity to gain some decent Cisco, Oracle or Linux skills. Time will tell.
On the plus side, looking forward to a NEW challenge and NOT collecting a P45….